Summer Reading Program
Welcome to Ishpeming Carnegie Public Library’s 2020 Summer Reading Program! The program will take place June 29th through August 15th! Join us for an exciting lineup of virtual programs. All of our programming will be passive (art, reading, and Lego challenges) or virtually held on Facebook (storytimes and book clubs). Make sure to like both the Ishpeming Carnegie Public Library Facebook Page and the Carnegie Kids Facebook Page to see all the events and activities happening throughout the summer!
How do I participate?
- Sign up for Summer Reading on Wandoo Reader! This program gives parents, children, and teens the ability to digitally track their minutes spent reading and their progress as they work towards reaching both their own personal goal and helping to meet a community-wide goal. Each week there will be both reading and art challenges to complete in order to earn virtual badges and points which can be used in the storyline and Avatar feature of the Wandoo program. You can sign up on our Wandoo Reader site by clicking here.
- For those that don’t wish to participate on Wandoo Reader, paper copies of the Reading Log, Scavenger Hunt, and Book Bingo are available.
- The Reading Log allows you to set your own goal. You will color in a book each time that you hit your goal. The same log is used for children and teens of all ages! On the back of the log, there are activity challenges that you can work on throughout the summer. Complete all of the activity challenges and return your reading log by August 15th to be entered into our Grand Prize Drawing!
- For more fun reading challenges, try our Book Bingo! Turn in your Bingo card by August 15th to be entered for a prize.
- For some outdoor fun, go on our Scavenger Hunt! Complete this by August 15th for an additional prize entry.
- You may print the Reading Log, Book Bingo, and Scavenger Hunt from home, or give us a call at 486-4381 to schedule a pickup. These materials will also be available in our Summer Reading Craft Bags.
- Craft Bag Pickup
- Summer Reading Craft Bags will be available for outside pickup at the Children’s Room entrance to the library on Tuesday, June 23rd from 10-12 and on Thursday, July 2nd from 3-5. These craft bags are intended for children and teens of all ages. They contain a bunch of fun craft supplies such as watercolor paint, sidewalk chalk, and other surprises! You do not need to sign up for Summer Reading before or during pickup. The bags are ready to go and you can simply take them from the cart outside of the Children’s Room Entrance!
We will be posting additional activities on our Facebook Page and website throughout the summer. Once again, Summer Reading officially begins on June 29th and that’s when our first set of challenges will become available!
Submit your materials, or finalize your Wandoo log, by Saturday, August 15th for prize entries. Additionally, this will be our first year of working towards a community reading goal! If we meet our goal, the library will purchase a *surprise* new circulating collection to be shared by all, as well as the chance to vote for something SILLY to happen to one of our Librarians.
Thank you for participating and have fun!
We are incredibly grateful for the support of our community. Please thank our donors by patronizing their businesses!
Diane A. Brown